Home is where the heart is. After a long day at work or a tiring journey, we all long to be home. This plan is also referred to as Householders Policy. It provides protection to the homeowner or occupier against loss or damage of his/her home and contents of the home.
Features & Benefits
- It provides protection to the homeowner or occupier against loss or damage by fire, theft, riot, strikes, malicious damage, flood, explosions, lightning, landslides & thunderstorms
- The cover also provides protection against damage following impact by flying aircrafts, falling trees, and overflow of water tanks or broken water pipes
- The policy covers house contents following theft accompanied by forcible & violent break-in into the house/building
- The policy caters for repairs to premises following damage caused either by fire, flooding, break-in, impact by falling trees or flying aircrafts
- The policy covers loss of rent to the homeowner (if premises was rented out & tenant has to move out following any of the above impacts)
- The policy caters for costs of alternative accommodation (if homeowner or occupier has to move out following occurrence of any of the above.)
- Covers buildings: i.e. the proposers’ residence including any outbuildings like servant quarters, garages shed, boundary walls, gates and any other buildings which do not form part of the main building
- Covers contents in the home for example furniture, household linen, clothing, cutlery, equipment, household appliances, entertainment equipment etc.
- Covers articles of value like jewellery, watches, electronics, art works, photographic equipment, camera, mobile phones, laptops, gadgets. These items are covered whilst in the house or when out of the house.
- Covers domestic staff against injuries sustained whilst in the course of their work (i.e. Persons employed by the insured to carry out domestic duties associated with the residential premises e.g. Indoor workers, Gardeners, chauffeurs’, Watchmen etc.
- Covers any liability arising from incidents within the house or in the residential compound. This is referred to as to as Owners Liability or Occupiers Liability
- Both homeowners & occupiers/renters can take this policy.