Marine Cargo Insurance provides protection for goods being transported by ocean, air or land (rail or road) or in any combination thereof; covering you against a loss or damage.
In 2016 Budget, Treasury directed the Kenya Revenue Authority (KRA) to enforce a rule which prohibits placement of Kenyan business with foreign insurance firms “except under special circumstances.” This directive came into force 1st of January 2017 requiring all importers and exporters to use local insurers for Marine Insurance.
Why our Marine Cargo Insurance?
- Two months free extended storage cover
- Flexible Coverage Options – (Warehouse to Warehouse including cross boarder)
- Our technical expertise
- Efficient and fast claims settlement
- Easy and convenient online cover purchase
- Inland transit cover
- Competitive pricing
- Customized covers for different business needs
Types of Perils CoverThey are divided into three categories:
- Marine perils
- Extraneous Perils
- War & SRCC Perils
Extraneous perils refer to; pilferage; non-delivery; rainwater damage; hook damage; oil damage; heating; breaking , denting etc.