The personal accident cover provides benefits in the event that you sustain bodily injury or death as a result of an accident. All sorts of accident are covered at any time and any place.
Features & Benefits
- Accidental death
- This means loss of life as a result of accident.
- Permanent total disability (extent of disability is determined by the doctor)
- This means absolute disablement or permanent loss of body part(s) that result to inability to normally engage or give attention to your ordinary profession or occupation.
- Temporary total disability resulting in loss of income for up to a maximum of 2 years
- This mean disablement that renders you unable to attend to your usual occupation or profession, for a period of time subject to a maximum of 2 years.
- Medical expenses as a result of an accident
- This means cost of medical, surgical or other remedial attention treatment given or prescribed by a qualified medical practitioner.
- Purchase of artificial appliances
- This refers to the cost of appliances of crutches, wheelchairs etc. prescribed by a qualified and registered medical practitioner.
- Payment of funeral expenses
- This refers to the cost of funeral arrangements.
- Hospital Cash: This policy pays for hospital cash benefit upon hospitalization of the insured as a result of an accident.
- What Is Not Covered
- Pre-existing conditions
- Effects of drug, alcohol, suicide and war risks
- Occupation and hazardous activities such as:
- Manufacturing of fireworks or explosives
- Construction and maintenance of cofferdam
- Airline crew, ship or boat crew
- Rallies, racing and speed testing
- Air Force, Naval, Military or Police operations
- Professional sports
- Diving, mountaineering, parachuting, show jumping etc.
- Unique Cover Extension
- Local evacuation: Kshs. 10,000.00
- Rehabilitation treatment: Kshs. 10,000.00
- Exposure and disappearance
- Hearing aids: Kshs. 5,000.00
- Riot and strike