Provides cover against liability at law for damages in respect to accidental death/bodily injury or disease suffered by an employee in the course of employment. The cover also includes medical and funeral expenses.
Features & Benefits
- The Act provides for compensation to employees for work related injuries and diseases contracted in the course of their employment and for connected purposes.
- This is a ‘no fault act’ and therefore negligence need not be proved against employers.
- Death Benefit: Payable to beneficiaries in the event the insured dies due to the injury.
- Temporary Total/Partial Disablement Benefit: This is given to employees who suffer temporary or total disablement that incapacitates him/her for three or more days.
- Medical Expenses Benefit: The employee is compensated for any expenses reasonably incurred in an accident and covers dental, hospital treatment, surgical dressings, drugs, skilled nursing services, traveling and subsistence as well as supply, maintenance and replacement of artificial limbs, clutches and others.
- Funeral Expenses Benefit: The employer is liable to pay reasonable expenses to cover for funeral expenses.